Per KRS 11.026 the Historic Properties Advisory Commission (HPAC) is established to provide continuing attention to the maintenance, furnishings and repairs of the Governor's Mansion, Old Governor's Mansion, Vest-Lindsey House and the New State Capitol. It is comprised of 14 members who include the State Curator, the Director of the Kentucky Historical Society and the Director of the Executive Mansion. The First Lady serves as an honorary member of the commission.
The commission shall have authority over any construction, repairs, structural restoration or renovation of these properties. In addition, the commission supervises the maintenance of a current inventory of all furnishings in these properties. The commission shall have final authority over articles placed in the properties and monies spent on these buildings. Also, they develop criteria for the display of objects and for the use of the public areas and grounds of the New State Capitol.
- Steven L. Collins Chairman
- VACANT Secretary
- Glenna Bevin First Lady
- Leslie Nigels Director of Historic Properties and State Curator
- Marcia Mitchum Executive Director of the Governor's Mansion
- Ann Evans
- Kent Whitworth Kentucky Historical Society
- Lindy Casebier Kentucky Heritage Council (Ex-Officio)
- Clyde Carpenter, FAIA College of Design, University of Kentucky
- Nash Cox
- Marion Forcht
- Sally Meigs
- Darren J. Taylor, Assoc. AIA
- Gigi Lacer
- Lee Waterfield
- Estill Curtis Pennington
- Kim Plummer
- Rita Stagg
For more information regarding board appointments or legislation, please visit the Governor's website on Boards and Commissions, or the Legislative Research Commission.